Following our meeting on Tuesday 22nd November, these are the P.T.A. committee members for 2016/2017.
Chairperson: Francess O’ Connell
Assistant Chairperson: Tori Mahon
Secretary: Michala Cunningham
Assistant Secretary: Dawn Somerville
Treasurer: Alan Mahon
Assistant Treasurer: Cathrena Duncan
We would like to thank Linda Mahon for all her hard work as chairperson over the years.
Please remember that all parents are welcome at each and every meeting.
Thank you very very much!
On behalf of everyone in school, I would like to thank the ladies of Hilltown L.O.L. for the hard work they put into organising this year's Table Quiz. A total of €1,410 was raised for our school. We thank Nan Leslie for calling in to present a cheque.
Hopefully there will be no disruptive weather this year, but as a precaution please take time to read the following. We will make every effort to ensure that school is open for the children, regardless of the severity of the weather. Please assume that school will be open unless you are informed otherwise.
- Text messaging will be the main point of contact with parents but please also keep an eye on the school website and listen to local radio. Please make sure that we have an up to date mobile number for you.
- It may be necessary to delay the opening time for school - you will be notified by text message as early as possible if this is the case.
- Most staff members have long journeys to make in the mornings and may be delayed by the weather too, so please make sure that someone is in school before leaving children at the gate.
- I have no input with regard to the school buses. The decision not to drive is made by the drivers themselves. McGloin's hope to make contact with myself and Aveen McGuinness if the bus is not running. If you are unable to make the journey safely at your normal time, please let us know. I am keen that every effort will be made to get children to school, albeit later than normal.
Costumes for the Carol Service need to be in school tomorrow, Friday 16th December
Christmas Jumper Day is now Monday 19th December
Jumper day is now Monday 19th December. The children may swap their uniform for a Christmas jumper. (For anyone fortunate enough not to have a 'lovely' jumper...a tinsel necklace, Santa hat or appropriate Christmas coloured top will do instead - please do not buy anything especially for this day....we just want to have a little festive fun before the holidays!)
This year's Christmas Party will be held in school on Monday 19th December from 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. All children are welcome.
Carol Service - Wednesday 21st December at 7.00 p.m.
Please provide the following refreshments for after the Carol Service:
- 2 dozen tray bakes
- Something for the children’s table e.g. sweets/ bars/crisps
Any help you can give with setting up the tables etc. on Wednesday 21st December at 2.00 p.m. would be much appreciated as would help with serving and cleaning up.
Christmas Tree Festival
Pictured are some of the decorations made for our school tree at the Methodist Christmas Tree Festival.