On behalf of everyone in school, I would like to thank the ladies of Hilltown L.O.L. for the hard work they put into organising this year's Table Quiz. A total of €1166 was raised for our school. Thank you to those who came along and took part in the Quiz. Thank you also to those families who bought Quiz Sheets.
This year's Christmas Party will be held in school on Monday 15th December at 7 p.m. All children are welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the Carol Service on Thursday 18th December at 7.00 p.m. The children are working very hard to prepare for this year's play.
Christmas Jumper Day
Wednesday 17th December is 'Christmas' jumper day when the children may swap their uniform sweatshirts for a Christmas jumper. (For anyone fortunate enough not to have a 'lovely' jumper, a tinsel necklace, Santa hat or appropriate Christmas coloured top will do instead - please do not buy anything especially for this day....we just want to have a little festive fun before the holidays!)
Hopefully there will be no disruptive weather this year, but as a precaution please take time to read the following. We will make every effort to ensure that school is open for the children, regardless of the severity of the weather. Please assume that school will be open unless you are informed otherwise.
- Text messaging will be the main point of contact with parents but please also keep an eye on the school website and listen to local radio. Please make sure that we have an up to date mobile number for you.
- It may be necessary to delay the opening time for school - you will be notified by text message as early as possible if this is the case.
- Most staff members have long journeys to make in the mornings and may be delayed by the weather too, so please make sure that someone is in school before leaving children at the gate.
- I have no input with regard to the school buses. The decision not to drive is made by the drivers themselves. McGloin's hope to make contact with myself and Aveen McGuinness if the bus is not running. If you are unable to make the journey safely at your normal time, please let us know. I am keen that every effort will be made to get children to school, albeit later than normal.
- Please make sure that the children are bringing warm coats, hats and gloves to school. The playground can be very cold.
School will close for the Christmas holidays on Friday19th December. School will open again on Monday 5th January.
The P.T.A. are organising a HUGE fundraising event to be held in the Abbey Hotel on Saturday 25th April. Your help and support would be much appreciated. If you can help in any way, please get in touch.
We are looking for singers and dancers (can be individual acts but we are also looking for anyone who would be willing to take part in group dances (training will be given)). If you would consider joining us, or know of anyone who might be interested in showcasing their talents, please let us know.
If singing, dancing and acting is not your strong point but you can help in other practical ways, we would love to have your support.