Lots of school news and messages are relayed via Facebook. Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/robertsonns
Board of Management
We thank most sincerely our two outgoing members of the Board of Management - Mrs Jennifer McClay and Mrs Lynn Fisher for their help and support over the past years.
We welcome Mrs Francess O'Connell and Mr William Goodwin to the Board and look forward to working with them over the next 4 years.
The new Board met for the first time in the Rectory on Tuesday 7th December. We thank Reverend and Mrs Russell for their hospitality.
Junior Christmas Outing
The younger children had a lovely outing to the theatre on Wednesday to watch 'Hippo Saves Christmas'. A great time was had by everyone.
The children in the Senior Room will have an early start on Monday 14th as we are going on our return visit to Belfast to see the pupils of Carr's Glen and to visit the Titanic Exhibition. Our sincere thanks to the Ulster Scots Agency for organising this for us.
This year's Christmas Party will be held in school on Monday 21st December at 7 p.m. All children are welcome.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the Carol Service on Thursday 17th December at 7.00 p.m. The children are working very hard to prepare for this year's play.
Refreshments for Carol Service
Please provide the following refreshments for after the Carol Service:
- 2 dozen tray bakes
- Something for the children’s table eg. sweets/ bars/crisps/diluted juice.
Donations can be sent into school any time between now and Thursday 17th December. School will also be opened between 6.30 p.m. and 6.45 p.m. on the evening of the Carol Service.
Any help you can give with setting up the tables etc. on Thursday at 2.00 p.m. would be much appreciated as would help with serving and cleaning up at night.
Christmas Jumper Day
Monday 21st December is 'Christmas' jumper day when the children may swap their uniform sweatshirts for a Christmas jumper. (For anyone fortunate enough not to have a 'lovely' jumper, a tinsel necklace, Santa hat or appropriate Christmas coloured top will do instead - please do not buy anything especially for this day....we just want to have a little festive fun before the holidays!)
Hopefully there will be no disruptive weather this year, but as a precaution please take time to read the following. We will make every effort to ensure that school is open for the children, regardless of the severity of the weather. Please assume that school will be open unless you are informed otherwise.
- Text messaging and Facebook will be the main point of contact with parents but please also keep an eye on the school website and listen to local radio. Please make sure that we have an up to date mobile number for you.
- It may be necessary to delay the opening time for school - you will be notified by text message as early as possible if this is the case.
- Most staff members have long journeys to make in the mornings and may be delayed by the weather too, so please make sure that someone is in school before leaving children at the gate.
- I have no input with regard to the school buses. The decision not to drive is made by the drivers themselves. McGloin's hope to make contact with myself and Aveen McGuinness if the bus is not running. Please note that Bus Eireann buses will not operate if there is a Red Weather Alert.
- If you are unable to make the journey safely at your normal time, please let us know. I am keen that every effort will be made to get children to school, albeit later than normal.
- Please make sure that the children are bringing warm coats, hats and gloves to school. The playground can be very cold.
School will close for the Christmas holidays on Tuesday 22nd December. School will open again on Wednesday 6th January.
The children in the Senior Room will be taking part in a combined Church of Ireland and Methodist Church Service on Sunday 31st January at 11.00 a.m. Please make sure to keep this date free.
For any of our parents or friends who are hoping to come to watch the children perform in the Peace Proms in Belfast, tickets are now on sale at
Please let us know if you would like to travel with us on the bus.
This week we were asked to organise an 'Hour of Code'...so despite being up to our eyes in tinsel and glitter, the children in the Senior Room took some time out to write some simple festive computer code on the new laptops. This is Aimee and Sophie's festive animation created using Scratch.