Hopefully there will be no disruptive weather this year, but as a precaution please take time to read the following.
- We will make every effort to ensure that school is open for the children, regardless of the severity of the weather. Please assume that school will be open unless you are informed otherwise.
- Text messaging will be the main point of contact with parents but please also keep an eye on the school website and listen to local radio. Please make sure that we have an up to date mobile number for you.
- It may be necessary to delay the opening time for school - you will be notified by text message as early as possible if this is the case.
- Most staff members have long journeys to make in the mornings and may be delayed by the weather too, so please make sure that someone is in school before leaving children at the gate.
- I have no input with regard to the school buses. The decision not to drive is made by the drivers themselves. McGloin's hope to make contact with myself and Aveen McGuinness if the bus is not running.
- If you are unable to make the journey safely at your normal time, please let us know. I am keen that every effort will be made to get children to school, albeit later than normal.
- Please make sure that the children are bringing warm coats, hats and gloves to school. The playground can be very cold.
Well done to the children in 3rd - 6th Classes for their excellent performance last Friday afternoon. They had worked very hard for the past few weeks. I would also like to thank Breda, Stephanie, Lucy and Gary from the 'Class Acts Theatre' Group for the work they did with the children and also to the Ulster-Scots Agency for funding this project. For those who were unable to attend, there should be a video copy available soon.
We will be visiting 'An Ghrianán' Theatre in Letterkenny on Monday 17th December. If you have not already sent your money, please do so as soon as possible.
The Parent Teacher Association will be holding a Christmas Party for the children on Wednesday 19th December.
The Carol Service will take place in Drumholm Parish Church on Thursday 21st December at 7 p.m.
Last Day of Term
School will close for the Christmas holidays on Friday 21st December. The new term begins at 9.20 a.m. on Monday 7th January.