We will make every effort to ensure that school is open for the children, regardless of the severity of the weather. Please assume that school will be open unless you are informed otherwise.
- Text messaging will be the main point of contact with parents but please also keep an eye on the school website and listen to local radio. Please make sure that we have an up to date mobile number for you.
- It may be necessary to delay the opening time for school - you will be notified by text message as early as possible if this is the case. We may also delay roll call to give people time to get to school safely.
- Most staff members have long journeys to make in the mornings and may be delayed by the weather too, so please make sure that someone is in school before leaving children at the gate.
- I have no input with regard to the school buses. The decision not to drive is made by the drivers themselves. McGloin's hope to make contact with myself and Aveen McGuinness if the bus is not running. If you are unable to make the journey safely at your normal time, please let us know. I am keen that every effort will be made to get children to school, albeit later than normal.
- Please make sure that the children are bringing warm coats, hats and gloves to school. The playground can be very cold. If there is snow, we may go outside to play, so please ensure the children have waterproof shoes, boots or wellington boots.